Dental Implant Care & Healing Process Serving Foley, AL
The full healing process for dental implants normally takes 3-6 months. It is common to experience some level of discomfort after your dental implant surgery. Swelling, inflammation, tenderness, and bruising are all possible symptoms that might occur. Your dental implant specialist will provide you with post-operative care instructions. It is essential to follow these closely to ensure proper healing of the area.
Within the first 24 hours of surgery, you will most likely feel some pain after the sedation wears off. This can often be managed by over-the-counter pain medication. Your dentist may prescribe pain medication. It is important to eat soft foods and to avoid excessive physical activity for several days. Make sure to avoid brushing the implant site. Typically, after a week you can go back to your normal teeth brushing routine and you should be able to eat regular foods.
If you have questions about the care and healing after your dental implant procedure, reach out to our dental clinic serving Foley, AL.
How to Care for Your Dental Implants Serving Foley, AL
Proper dental implant care will ensure your oral health and longevity. Some of the most important tips to keep in mind while caring for your dental implants are listed below.
- Brush your teeth using a soft-bristled brush: Soft bristles are gentler on the implant as well as your gums and will help to prevent damage to the area.
- Visit your dentist biannually: It is important to keep up with your twice-a-year dental cleanings for your oral health and the implants healing process. Our dental clinic serving Foley is happy to help you schedule your appointment.
- Use an antimicrobial mouthwash with fluoride: The daily use of an antimicrobial mouthwash will help to destroy any bacteria buildup and will prevent plaque on the area. The fluoride also helps to strengthen the enamel.
- Don’t chew on ice: Just like with your natural teeth, chewing on ice with dental implants can cause cracks.
- Monitor your implant and the surrounding area: By keeping an eye out for any changes in the implant, you can find issues early on, and if necessary can get them fixed before they become a greater problem.
At Dental Implants, your comfort is our top priority. If you start to experience any unusual symptoms or pain, contact our dental clinic serving Foley, AL. We will schedule your appointment as soon as possible.
Contact us today
Contact our office serving Foley for information about dental implants, or to schedule your consultation. We can’t wait to help restore your smile!
Dental Implants partners with CareCredit, Green Sky, and other lenders to make it possible for everyone on a budget to get dental implants.